Wednesday 15 June 2016

Display Techniques

There are four display theories that I am familiar with and I am going to share my knowledge of them with you today. Using the same theme/accessories I will show you examples of each display theory with mannequins in a window. You can use the same props, accessories, and mannequins in different ways to achieve multiple looks. The possibilities are endless!

1. Symmetrical


Symmetrical means a group of items that mirror the same image on both sides. I personally like the symmetrical method the best and use it without even realising it. In symmetrical displays both sides are balanced and I find it is more pleasing for the eye to follow while observing a display. In the above window, we have the centre point (mannequin) and the same things on each side of the window. Most windows and displays that use symmetrical groupings form a pyramid shape.

2. Asymmetrical


Asymmetrical is the opposite of symmetrical. So, both sides of a display or window do not have to be equal. Most asymmetric displays follow a one-sided pyramid. It is still very important that there is height so that the eye knows where to look first. Using asymmetric is popular among retailer because it allows you to showcase more product. In the above window, I demonstrated the one-sided pyramid with the standing mannequins and then the sitting mannequin.

3. Repetition 


Repetition means repeating the same product usually in odd numbers. In the above window, I repeated the mannequins five times and the prop stands four times. I always think the repetition technique gives an eye-catching effect to the window. The repetition of the same outfit on the mannequins creates a strong brand message. 

4. Alternation


Alternation is alternating associated products; things that are linked/go well together. In the above window, I alternated the mannequin and prop stand with the stand alone mannequin. I never find myself using this technique. However, it adds something different to a display or window.

xoxo,
Lisa-Marie

Let's stay in touch!

Instagram // @lisamariekiss.blog
Twitter // @lisamariekiss
Facebook // @lisamariekiss.blog
Bloglovin // lisa-marie kiss
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lisa-Marie Kiss. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig