Tuesday 7 June 2016

A Day in the Life of a Visual Merchandiser


I have worked in retail since 2013 and have experienced all the jobs that need to get done. My favourite jobs in retail happen when the store is closed. I have to wake up really early in the morning (at least for me) to go to work. But, I would rather do that than work in sales (the job was just not for me). I like the more creative aspect of retail and displaying merchandise to fit trends, help customers navigate their way through the store and increase customer purchases while shopping. Every day at work is different and I love that because I can get bored very easily. In my opinion, visual is a more challenging job for me. So moral of this little story is when you find something you like, just do it because happiness is key to loving what you do.

My day starts off by about four alarms going off so I can get up and start getting ready. #notamorningperson. At 5:00 am - 5:30 am I wake up and get ready. I only live about five minutes from work so at 5:45 am I leave for work.


Outfit - #allblackeverything
TopShop Cami
Vero Moda Cardigan
Garage Leggings
Bag - Steve Madden
Comfy shoes - TOMS
Simple makeup - daily face routine coming soon
Hair - starts out down and straight but, usually goes up in ponytail

When I arrive at work I will work one of two days:
In-Store Marketing/Stock Day or Visual Presentation Day




Overall I love my job because every day is different and it gives me an opportunity to be creative and contribute my talents. The only cons I feel exist in visual merchandising are the early hours (or occasional overnights) and the overwhelming amount of merchandise that will arrive sometimes.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in working in visual merchandising/display and has questions let me know in a comment below!

xoxo,
Lisa-Marie

Let's stay in touch!

Instagram // @lisamariekiss.blog
Twitter // @lisamariekiss
Facebook // @lisamariekiss.blog
Bloglovin // lisa-marie kiss
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lisa-Marie Kiss. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig