Friday 17 February 2017

The Intern Files | 3 ways to excel


1. Arrive early and stay late

Being on time is a given but, to show how serious you are about the internship get there early and stay a little later. Doing this just helps to show your interest in the company and what you are doing for the company. 

2. Share your ideas

If you have an idea don't be afraid to tell someone. You don't want to be the intern who doesn't speak up or regret not contributing enough! And never let the size of a company hold you back; a company hires interns for free/less expensive help, however, you bring fresh ideas to the company being young and new to the job.

3. Take initiative 

Never wait to be told what to do! Just start working! Make a list of everything you want to do to help or what you think needs to happen. Show your mentor first or just start on your list. Whether you take the time to write down your ideas or actually start on an idea, it is showing initiative because no one had to tell you what to do!

Let me know if you currently have an internship in the comments below!

Kisses

xx,

Lisa

Stay social!

Instagram // @lisamariekiss.blog
Twitter // @lisamariekiss
Facebook // @lisamariekiss.blog
Bloglovin' //  lisa-marie kiss
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm currently on an internship and I couldn't agree with what you're saying more! I'm always the first one in my department to arrive, and I'm often one of the last ones to leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, I wish you the best of luck at your internship! Thank you Amelie!

      Delete
  2. Love this! This definitely worked for me while I was interning in college. I also would not bring my phone or any electronics into meetings. This partially a preferences of my superiors and partially me removing distractions. Unless I needed my phone I would just bring a note pad and pen and call it good! My boss loved this because I was engaged in what was happening in his eyes. Even if my phone or laptop wouldn't have distracted me-or if it did!- the fact that I was able to leave them really made an impression! In fact I was offered a job with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I totally agree with you about the phone thing!

      Delete

© Lisa-Marie Kiss. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig