Saturday 25 February 2017

City Living | Bloom & Roots


I discovered the small business Bloom & Roots back in December at a local community shopping event in Toronto. I spoke to the founder, Marcelo and he explained the reasons behind creating the company; 'your skin is your largest organ and it absorbs everything,' he explained. Using a store bought moisturiser may be harmless in the moment but, using multiple personal care products over a lifetime is harmful to your body. He further explained stats about what kinds of health problems are a cause of using personal care products with chemicals. 

Marcelo's mission is to develop a range of products that can minimise exposure to chemicals. Bloom & Roots is a handcrafted and natural skincare company based out of Toronto, Canada. Their product line currently consists of:

Lip Balm $4

Cream Deodorant $10

Body Butter $15

Shop on etsy!

Check out their Facebook Page!


I purchased all three products at the local shopping event and I love all of them. First of all, everything smells amazing! My lip balm is almost out becuase I use it every day. I'm going to need to pick up a new one soon! The cream deoderant is the only natural deoderant I have found that actually works for me. It would be easier to have the deoderant in a stick form but, a cream deoderant is applied better with the warmth of your fingertips. And the body butter feels luxurious. However, you only need to apply a little. I have gone overbaord with the body butter once and becasue it is oil and butter based in does take a while to soak in. So dont apply too much, a little goes a long way. Overall, I would repurchase all of their items again!

Remember to support small businesses and shop local!

Let me know what natural skincare products you use in the comments below!

Kisses

xx,

Lisa

Stay social!

Instagram // @lisamariekiss.blog
Twitter // @lisamariekiss
Facebook // @lisamariekiss.blog
Bloglovin' //  lisa-marie kiss
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lisa-Marie Kiss. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig