Tuesday 12 April 2016

Parsons x Teen Vogue | Certificate in Fashion Industry Essentials Rating and Overview


IT'S OFFICIAL! I have finished the Parsons x Teen Vogue Fashion Industry Essentials Certificate. I am very sad that it is over but, happy that I have an official Parsons certificate to use in the future and put on my resume. If you want to learn anything about fashion, Parsons is the place to do it.

I give the program 4.9/5 stars overall.

I was challenged by this certificate in the design course. However, it wasn't a bad thing to try something new and be taken out of your comfort zone. For the first time ever I attempted to make an apparel item, it wasn't the best but, I tried. I now know what goes into designing clothing and the time it takes to get the item just right.

My first favourite course was Visual Style. Patrick Michael Hughes has to be my favourite instructor. I would absolutely take another class at Parsons if he was teaching.

My second favourite course was Fashion Media. I loved that all of the instructors were Teen Vogue employees. It's great that individuals with current industry experience are teaching. It was amazing to get all of their perspectives on the industry and an insight into their jobs.

I enjoyed the Fashion Marketing course as I currently work in one part of it already, Retail Marketing. The course was more familiar to me than the others. However, I did learn about fashion PR which was exciting.

Overall, I would say if you want to take this certificate program, TAKE IT! It was an amazing experience and wasn't expensive at all (they even have payment plans). It doesn't matter where you are in the world you can take this course and I feel that is amazing since I am from Canada and we are forgotten about all the time.

Here is a referral code for $50 off tuition, to join this amazing program: LISA MARIE Or register on the Parsons x Teen Vogue website!

Happy Learning!!

xoxo,
Lisa-Marie

Let's stay in touch!

Instagram // @lisamariekiss.blog
Twitter // @lisamariekiss
Facebook // @lisamariekiss.blog
Bloglovin // lisa-marie kiss
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hi Lisa Marie: We here at Parsons x Teen Vogue have enjoyed reading your posts about the program! Please be in touch if you would be interested in writing a guest blog post for our Facebook page. pamela@teenvogue.parsons.edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela, So glad you have enjoyed my Parsons x Teen Vogue posts! I am very interested in writing a guest blog post, just sent you an email!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like such a great program. I've been eyeing it for a long time.
    xo Jannine | http://www.happystylishfit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jannine! It is an amazing program, I would definitely recommend it if you've had your eye on it for a while! xx Lisa

      Delete

© Lisa-Marie Kiss. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig